WE ASSURE YOU A PAIN AND ANXIETY FREE TREATMENT
A professional removal of all 4 wisdom teeth takes approximately 15 to 30 minutes, depending on positioning and location of each tooth. But not only a short duration of surgery is a priority, more a gentle, painless and fearless treatments are our goal.
We will clarify all possibilities of a relaxed operation during a consultation prior to the operation to discuss which treatment option is best for you. From general anesthesia to sedation (similar to dozing off) to treatment in hypnosis, we offer many possibilities.
What are third molars actually good for?
These molars are late in development (ages 15–21) and contribute significantly to normal facial scalp growth, but the jaw does not provide enough space.
The basic rule is that a tooth that is not accessible to hygiene, is at risk for a chronic infection which results in swelling and pain, it must be removed. In today’s life expectancy, it is often the case that the teeth come in when the bone starts receding and can cause severe problems.
What are the dangers of third molars?
There are several typical problems that can only be solved with the removal of wisdom teeth:
- The tooth partially protrudes from the mucous membrane, a small niche forms, bacteria can cause recurrent inflammation (dentitio difficile).
- Occasionally, the chronic inflammatory process causes larger cysts around the displaced tooth, which can severely weaken the jawbone.
- Rarely, benign but also malignant changes can form due to these cysts.
- If a wisdom tooth leans against its neighbor in the depth, then this tooth can be damaged – the root of the neighbor dissolves – the tooth can then most likely no longer be saved.
- If wisdom teeth are broken through, visible and are very close to the neighboring tooth, it often creates a space that is not easy to clean and as a result a cavity develops.
- Jaw fractures tend to arise in areas where wisdom teeth sit. There is a weak spot in the jawbone.